The Sapelo2 Cluster
The cluster currently has more than 26,000 cores, spanning general-purpose compute nodes (128GB, 192GB and 256GB of RAM), high-memory nodes (512GB, 1TB and 2TB of RAM), CPU/GPU hybrid nodes (NVIDIA K40, P100 and A100 GPUs). Additionally, the cluster hosts an ever-growing number of researcher-owned compute nodes obtained through the GACRC Buy-In Program. For more information, please see the GACRC wiki.
Data storage for the GACRC-supported cluster is currently provided by a number of storage environments. Notably, the following devices provide $HOME, $SCRATCH, $WORK and $PROJECT capabilities for the GACRC cluster.
- DDN SFA14KX Lustre appliance (2.50PB) - $SCRATCH & $WORK on Sapelo2
- ZFS storage appliance (300TB) - $HOME on Sapelo2
- ZFS storage appliance (1PB) - $PROJECT research groups' long-term space - only for active projects requiring Sapelo2 access
- Panasas ActiveStor 100H (1PB) - $PROJECT research groups' long-term space - only for active projects requiring Sapelo2 access
- ZFS storage appliances (4PB) - backup & mirroring environments for $HOME and $PROJECT.